Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expressions in Iproperties

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Lancasterm
184 Views, 1 Reply

Expressions in Iproperties

First I will apologize if this topic has already been covered. There are so many posting regarding Iproperties, just enough time to go through all of them to find a solution. In addition I think I already know the answer but I was wonder if I had overlooked something.

If I create an expression in a custom (text value) Iproperty is there any way to get back the expression without retyping the entire expression once again if I want to make changes? I know the Inventor help file indicates you have too but I was wondering if someone has found an alternate solution. Also is there a tool (add-on) that would allow me to access the original expression if Inventor can not display it?

Using Inventor Version 2008 Professional/Service Pack 2

Regards
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mflayler2
in reply to: Lancasterm

Not sure about addins.

Although this is fixed in 2009. It is a right click and "Edit Expression" is now presented.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report