Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Text to a stp file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
backinwi
983 Views, 5 Replies

Exporting Text to a stp file

I have a model which contains a sketch with text. I am needing to export the model along with the text to a stp file. In the export process lines and such on the sketch will export but the text will not. I am wondering if what I am looking to do is possible on Inventor 2009.

I am thinking it is an issue with the text being a "font". I have tried various fonts without any luck.

Thanks,
Jarrod
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ChrisPan01
in reply to: backinwi

Inventor 2009 can export solids, surfaces and wires in 2D&3D sketch to STP file. Text can not be exported.

Best Regards,
Jin Pan
Autodesk Inventor Translator
Message 3 of 6
JDMather

Create a feature with the text (perhaps disjointed) and sketch project geometry. Delete Face with Lump option.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

Can you just extrude/emboss the text and save that to stp? What is the purpose of this text?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
backinwi

I am exporting the model to CAM software which will generate code to cut on a CNC machine. I would like the text to be single line (curve) so that I can use a single pass engraving cutter. If the text has width then the CAM software wants to cut that width.

Looks like I will be needing to use the text feature within the CAM software. I was hoping it could be done in Inventor because I have better control on placement.

Thanks,
Jarrod
Message 6 of 6
JDMather

>I would like the text to be single line (curve) so that I can use a single pass engraving cutter

You should have included that information in your original problem description. Kind of like supplying a drawing (paper) to a machinist without the dimensions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report