Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting text parameters

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
G.Hunter
380 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting text parameters

Is there any way of exporting text parameters from an assembly to individual parts without using iLogic?

I am also unable to import text parameters to a .iam from an excel file.

We are currently using ilogic to change part text parameters from the assembly but it is a sticking plaster at best, as the rules need to be rewritten when parts are added and deleted from the assembly. We are trying to update our etched job number (which in many cases contains letters) from a single point on the assembly model which should populate all part files, and make it robust for all our CAD users, who do not use iLogic in their day to day duties.

If this is not possible (exporting text parameters the same way numerical parameters are handled) is there any plans of getting this included in upcoming versions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LT.Rusty
in reply to: G.Hunter

There is no way of accessing text parameters short of iLogic that I know of.

There is definitely no way of importing text parameters from Excel, which annoys me to no end.

There's also - and I know you didn't ask this, but it's related - no way of putting text parameters into the table for an iPart.

Text parameters and their implementation currently seem a little half-baked, at best.  Hopefully 2014 will bring some changes ...

Rusty

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
RogerTheShrubber

10 years later....Still can't import a text parameter from excel

Message 4 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: RogerTheShrubber

@RogerTheShrubber 

It appears that this is currently being considered.  I suggest adding your vote to this Idea.  Good luck!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Linking a Text parameter from an Excel spreadsheet is indeed not yet supported. But you may use Export/Import Parameters via XML workflow to do that.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report