Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting pdf images

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stephenson513
480 Views, 5 Replies

exporting pdf images

hi there

How is it possible to export pdf images of different position views in assemblies. The only pdf that ever exports is the master position view.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
danielw88
in reply to: stephenson513

Set your assembly to the view you want to 'print'.

Click 'Export' under the Inventor button in the Top Left corner of the program, followed by PDF.

This has always allowed me to create quick PDFs or images based on the view i set the assembly to. Unless i am missing what your problem is.

Message 3 of 6
swalton

You can only save an assembly in the Master Position Rep. 

Exporting a pdf is the same as a save, so IV changes the assembly back to the Master Position Rep.  Not what you wanted.

Two solutions:

1. Adjust all the constraints in the Master Position Rep to move the components to the desired positions, make the pdf and change them back to the "normal" loactions.

2. Use the Snipping Tool, or other screenshot tool, to grab a png or jpeg of the assembly in the correct position rep and send that to your pdf printer.

You might make a entry on the Inventor Ideastation page if you think this functionality can be improved.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 4 of 6
blair
in reply to: swalton

In the LOD, you can Export to PDF in any LOD. The current LOD View on the screen will be outputted to PDF.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
stephenson513
in reply to: blair

In my training I was told to stay away from level of detail because it was always a hassle so I never really learnt it. Is there a good video on how it all works?

And yes I was always changing the master view by supressing and unsuppressing constraints till i got the view I wanted

Message 6 of 6
blair

Check the On-Line help, it should have some stuff there. You might find a few things on the ADSK Chronicle website as well as YouTube. It was designed to be more of a Memory tool to reduce the load on your system. It acts/works very much the same as View-Reps but with some limitations farther down-stream.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums