Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting model to Google Earth for the public to see

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
838 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting model to Google Earth for the public to see

I have drawn a building that is very accurate using Inventor and I would like to upload it to Google Earth and or Microsoft Virtual Earth (Bing).  How do I do this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

I would think that you will need to export your Inventor model to a neutral format such as STP or IGES that can be imported into either GE or MVE. I don't have a single idea what format either GE or MVE uses, you might even need to run it through a second piece of software that will take the neutral format and then convert it to something the GE or MVE can use.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I have stepped it out and tried.  I even used the add in of CAD to earth for Inventor and have the model EXACTLY how it should be.  That is a very interesting add in if you have not used it.  I have 3ds max as well and I'm able to generate just about any file variation that you can fathom, yet I'm still unable to find a way. 

I could even take it into Revit, yet I can't find a way to share it publicly.  Typically I would have given up at this point, but I keep seeing more and more models uploaded to Google Earth which means... someone is doing it... Why can't we?

#geekingout

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I guess in short...

Someone please enlighten me of the proper workflow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report