Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting .idw files to .dwg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
821 Views, 2 Replies

Exporting .idw files to .dwg

Hi, I have the following problem when I try to export an .idw file to .dwg I use the save copy as menu, and after I chose the .dwg extension file and when I click on save appears a dialog box that says: "Could not open the DWG template file. Please check the path and try again" I have tried with many options in the option menu of the .dwg extension file, but nothing happens. Thank you for your help. Luis
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have a template file specified in the options box? Mine will export without it but I believe that Inventor will then use the first template file it finds in the registry (last Acad product opened whether it be MDT or just Acad).

Do you have an AutoCAD product installed on the system?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don`t have a file specified in the options box. Also I tried to browse for a template but I don't know what template I have to look for, or where. And I have installed Mechanical Desktop 2004 and AutoCAD 2005. "tahdesign" escribió en el mensaje news:671843.1098295457819.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Do you have a template file specified in the options box? Mine will export without it but I believe that Inventor will then use the first template file it finds in the registry (last Acad product opened whether it be MDT or just Acad). > > Do you have an AutoCAD product installed on the system?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report