Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Luis Andueza
Message 1 of 3 (624 Views)

Exporting .idw files to .dwg

624 Views, 2 Replies
10-20-2004 09:52 AM
Hi, I have the following problem when I try to export an .idw file to .dwg I use the save copy as menu, and after I chose the .dwg extension file and when I click on save appears a dialog box that says: "Could not open the DWG template file. Please check the path and try again" I have tried with many options in the option menu of the .dwg extension file, but nothing happens. Thank you for your help. Luis
Distinguished Contributor
tahdesign
Message 2 of 3 (623 Views)

Re: Exporting .idw files to .dwg

10-20-2004 11:03 AM in reply to: *Luis Andueza
Do you have a template file specified in the options box? Mine will export without it but I believe that Inventor will then use the first template file it finds in the registry (last Acad product opened whether it be MDT or just Acad).

Do you have an AutoCAD product installed on the system?
*Luis Andueza
Message 3 of 3 (623 Views)

Re: Exporting .idw files to .dwg

10-20-2004 11:09 AM in reply to: *Luis Andueza
I don`t have a file specified in the options box. Also I tried to browse for a template but I don't know what template I have to look for, or where. And I have installed Mechanical Desktop 2004 and AutoCAD 2005. "tahdesign" escribió en el mensaje news:671843.1098295457819.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Do you have a template file specified in the options box? Mine will export without it but I believe that Inventor will then use the first template file it finds in the registry (last Acad product opened whether it be MDT or just Acad). > > Do you have an AutoCAD product installed on the system?
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.