Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting as PDF without axes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
agrzesik
328 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting as PDF without axes

Hello, 

I'm relatively new to Inventor and am trying to export a simple drawing as a 2d pdf.  I have two requirement:

1.  Save the piece at 1:1 scale (it is only 70mm x 31mm)

2.  Save without the axes label that automatically shows up in the bottom left.  I cannot have anything on the page besides my drawing.

Thanks very much for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: agrzesik

@agrzesik wrote:

Hello, 

I'm relatively new to Inventor and am trying to export a simple drawing as a 2d pdf.  I have two requirement:

1.  Save the piece at 1:1 scale (it is only 70mm x 31mm)

2.  Save without the axes label that automatically shows up in the bottom left.  I cannot have anything on the page besides my drawing.

Thanks very much for any help!

Welcome to the group!

When you say drawing, do you mean a model?  Are you trying to get a 2D PDF of a view of your model? If so, I don't know of any way to create a 1:1 output from the model screen.  What method are you trying to use to create this PDF?

Message 3 of 4
agrzesik
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks very much.

I am trying to get a 2D PDF of my model.  In fact, I am trying to get a .xps view of my 2d model.  I do mean that I am using a model and I have tried a few options to save as a PDF including export as pdf and safe as pdf.

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: agrzesik

@agrzesik wrote:

Thanks very much.

I am trying to get a 2D PDF of my model.  In fact, I am trying to get a .xps view of my 2d model.  I do mean that I am using a model and I have tried a few options to save as a PDF including export as pdf and safe as pdf.

You create a idw (drawing).. place views in it at 1:1 scale and print to PDF or xps printer at 1:1 scale..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report