Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a IPN to PNG for use in Illustrator

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rgosselin
355 Views, 4 Replies

Exporting a IPN to PNG for use in Illustrator

I am trying to export a part that is 3" x 10" from an Inventor file (IPN) to a ,png file and place it in Illustrator. (The students are trying to have an exact representation of the part). When it is done, you would think the export would be the dimensions of the part but it isn't. It gets exported as the view representation that happens to be on Inventor at the time. I searched for scales everywhere but I can't find it. Can someone help me to be able to make this export the same size and dimensions as the actual part?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: rgosselin

place it in an idw and print/export to pdf.. insert pdf into illustrator..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
luis_andueza

Also, you could still make the IDw file and then save as DWG, the you can import DWG directly into Illustrator. in this way you get vectors.

Luis José Andueza Castro
Ing. Mecánico - Consultor CAD/CAM/CAE/Data Management
www.dimcad3d.com | LinkedIn |

¿Te resultó útil esta publicación? No dudes en darle Me gusta a esta publicación.
¿Tu pregunta fue respondida exitosamente? Entonces haz clic en el botón ACEPTAR SOLUCIÓN.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
rgosselin
in reply to: luis_andueza

I did this and when I went to Illustrator and tried to place, I got an error message stating it was not an accepted form for placing so it couldn't be done. Any other ideas?
Message 5 of 5
-niels-

For illustrator you have to make sure you export as an older .dwg version.
I can't remember the highest version that illustrator is able to open, but just go with the oldest that Inventor is able to export.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report