Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to IFC4 File Format

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
huiput
976 Views, 1 Reply

Export to IFC4 File Format

Is that possbile for inventor to directly export to IFC4 file. 

As i am using Inventor to build component for BIM, it is annyoing if i cant make the file to IFC and share with others. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DynamicObjects
in reply to: huiput

I too am interested in import/export of the 'IFC' schema for Inventor.

We use Inventor for the built environment (civil engineering) and the IFC schema (currently IFC2X3) is the defacto schema for the industry (BIM etc) in the UK.  

When i look at the STEP files exported from Inventor i can see from the header tags that it is using an 'automotive' industry schema "FILE_SCHEMA(('AUTOMOTIVE_DESIGN { 1 0 10303 214 1 1 1 1 }'))" whereas STEP / IFC files from revit are using the schema "FILE_SCHEMA(('IFC2X3'))".

Currently we must export (.adsk) to Revit in order to translate to this schema.  The problem with this is that the omniclass codes are not then stored in the original Inventor files but have to be added MANUALLY in Revit EACH time we want to deliver an IFC version of it.

Does AutoDESK intend to add the IFC schema to Inventor's STEP export/import facility in the near future??????

regards

Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atkins Consultants Ltd UK
+19,000 staff (M&E, Civils, Structural, Geotechnical, Environmental and more)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report