Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export textures in jt files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1091 Views, 2 Replies

export textures in jt files

Hi everyone,

i try to export JT files WITH textures to use in other programs. When I create and export an object as jt with inventor, and import it to inventor again, all textures(from the library and also selfmade) look just fine. When i try to open the same file with 3ds max or jt2go it just doesn't work.

What do i do wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi marc.schlegel,

Thanks for your reporting!

So your problem is when open the JT file in 3ds Max or JT2GO, the texture attributes are lost, right ? Since Inventor roundtrip works well, seems the problem is at 3ds Max or JT2GO producer, but I am not sure if 3ds Max or JT2GO JT producer supports to read texture information or not, if yes, then this is a defect, while not, this is a limitation so far.

Can we assign the same texture information in 3ds Max or JT2GO after import ? maybe this is a workaround.

If permission, can you share me a model for double check ?  you can share it here or to me via email Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com

Regards,

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi,

i got the new Inventor 2015. I can't export textures in Jt files. Not just own textures but also the standard library textures already supplyed by inventor.

After exporting and importing the file into Inventor again all textures are gone. Also, according to the size of the .jt file it seems, that these are way too small to contain the textures at all, so i guess its a problem with the exporter.

Is there a special way, i have to apply the textures to the model i could do wrong?

greetings

Marc Schlegel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report