Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Sketch From IPT to IDW

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4772 Views, 4 Replies

Export Sketch From IPT to IDW

Hello.

I am working on iLogic models and have a sketch feature in a part that is used as a referance for a caulk bead. The sketch is in an IPT and is a stand alone feature. I am trying to have this sketch feature be visible in and IDW file of the product I am developing but cannot seem to find a solution. Is this even possible and if so what am I doing wrong?

I am doing it this way because the caulk bead spans the entire height of the part which can change via different custom parameters, therefore the caulk bead needs to be able to change with the part while not losing its sketch references.

Any suggestions are welcome at this point. Thanks!

Tim Cassani

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forum.

If you RC on the sketch in the model browser and select "Copy", then in your .idw, select a view and start a sketch then RC again and select "Paste" it will place it.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Cadmanto

I'm confused by the rational behind Cadmantos reply..

but

Is this sketch in the same ipt file as the part in the drawing?

You can include sketches (without features applied to them) without having to copy/paste the sketch into an idw sketch.

You can simply right click on the part in the idw browser and pick "get model sketches" (I think thats the right wording.. our servers crashed last night so I can't use Inventor today)

Then that sketch will show on the drawing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

This was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks mcgyvr this has worked like a charm.
Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: mcgyvr

Classic case of misinterpretation.  Rereading it, this is one of those moments where I wish I could take back my response because it doesn't make sense.  Oh well, brain fart on a Friday afternoon sliding into the weekend.  Happens to the best of us.   Smiley Very Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report