Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Features Names and Parameters to Excel SpreadSheet

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
682 Views, 3 Replies

Export Features Names and Parameters to Excel SpreadSheet

Hi:

My name is Luis need to know if you can helpme with this. I need some help about exporting to excel Features Names and Consumed Parameters of a part. That information is actually used for part manufacturing-route sheet. As I can see in Part Parameters Window, every parameter is consumed by an feature so I want to re-use that information in an Excell SpreadSheet.

by example:

Extrusion1(50mm (d2)) has consumed sketch1,  (sketch1 has one circle diameter 20mm(d1))

Extrusion2(50mm (d4)) has consumed sketch2,  (sketch2 has one circle diameter 30mm(d3))

so I need to export parameters:

Extrusion 1  < feature name

-d1 =20   <parameter consumed

-d2 =50   <parameter consumed

Extrusion 2  < feature name

-d3 =30   <parameter consumed

-d4 =50   <parameter consumed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LT.Rusty
in reply to: Anonymous

You can do it, and it's not that difficult, but you'll need to use iLogic to do it.

You'll probably wind up using a combination of the following commands in some sequence:

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML: 165 EndHTML: 915 StartFragment: 314 EndFragment: 883 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection: 314SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

GoExcel.Open("filename.xls", "Sheet1")

This will open a file and set Sheet1 as the active sheet.

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML: 165 EndHTML: 1230 StartFragment: 314 EndFragment: 1198 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection: 314SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

GoExcel.CellValues("filename.xls", "Sheet1", "A2", "A10")

This will write data to the specified location in Sheet1 of the opened file. 

Format:HTML Format Version:1.0 StartHTML: 165 EndHTML: 518 StartFragment: 314 EndFragment: 486 StartSelection: 314 EndSelection: 314SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

GoExcel.Save

This will save your file.

You'll have a few other things in there as well, but these will probably be the ones that you use the most.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! Indeed, iLogic will help you collect the data more easily. You can simply create a dummy rule and then right-click in the model tab (in iLogic dialog) -> Capture Current State. Then all the features and associated parameters will be captured in the rule.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Hi, im really sorry but I Cant get with the correct program with ilogic, need training on it pretty much, because I dont know about programming. So can you help me with this? thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report