Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
jostroopers
Message 1 of 6 (555 Views)
Accepted Solution

export expand children BOM

555 Views, 5 Replies
01-07-2014 12:40 PM

Is it possible to export all expand children from the model data in the BOM to excel.

I want to see all the parts in the assy so i can see in excel which parts belong to the assy.

I can copy and past but that is not what i want.

Mvg Jos
Youre drawings are as good as the symbols that compleet them.....

In the idw, right click on the parts list and choose "Bill of Materials".  Select the Structured tab and then right click on it. Select the "View Options" and change the level from "First Level" to "All Levels".  Choose "OK", and then "Done" to close the Parts list.

Now right click on the parts list again in the idw and choose, Edit parts list.  YOu should now see a "+" sign in the "+/-" column.

Kirk

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 2 of 6 (536 Views)

Re: export expand children BOM

01-07-2014 01:49 PM in reply to: jostroopers

J,

Doing that in the iam is not the way to do it if you want to export and see what is under each sub-assy.  The way we do that is in the idw environment.

Start a new drawing (idw) and place a parts list of the top level assembly.  Now, you can edit the parts list and expand what sub-assys you want expanded.  After you get that the way you want it, now you can export this to excel.  I like keeping the item numbers so I can tell how things are related.

2014-01-07_1544.png

Kirk

jostroopers
Message 3 of 6 (531 Views)

01-07-2014 02:09 PM in reply to: karthur1

I can't expand the assy in the parts list.

And can i insert collums with parameters which are in the parts, Lengte, Breedte and so on?

Mvg Jos
Distinguished Mentor
ccarreiras
Message 4 of 6 (510 Views)

01-08-2014 04:10 AM in reply to: jostroopers

Hi!

You have to activate the Struture BOM view.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CarlosC

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Windows 7 64Bit
*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 5 of 6 (502 Views)

01-08-2014 05:41 AM in reply to: jostroopers

In the idw, right click on the parts list and choose "Bill of Materials".  Select the Structured tab and then right click on it. Select the "View Options" and change the level from "First Level" to "All Levels".  Choose "OK", and then "Done" to close the Parts list.

Now right click on the parts list again in the idw and choose, Edit parts list.  YOu should now see a "+" sign in the "+/-" column.

Kirk

jostroopers
Message 6 of 6 (497 Views)

01-08-2014 06:05 AM in reply to: jostroopers

Thanks, i change the View Properties under Structure to All Levels in the BOM.

Now i can export to excel and see the expand levels with follow item numbers so i can see which part belongs to the assy.

Mvg Jos
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.