Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export expand children BOM

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jostroopers
2286 Views, 5 Replies

export expand children BOM

Is it possible to export all expand children from the model data in the BOM to excel.

I want to see all the parts in the assy so i can see in excel which parts belong to the assy.

I can copy and past but that is not what i want.

Mvg Jos
Youre drawings are as good as the symbols that compleet them.....
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: jostroopers

J,

Doing that in the iam is not the way to do it if you want to export and see what is under each sub-assy.  The way we do that is in the idw environment.

Start a new drawing (idw) and place a parts list of the top level assembly.  Now, you can edit the parts list and expand what sub-assys you want expanded.  After you get that the way you want it, now you can export this to excel.  I like keeping the item numbers so I can tell how things are related.

2014-01-07_1544.png

Kirk

Message 3 of 6
jostroopers
in reply to: karthur1

I can't expand the assy in the parts list.

And can i insert collums with parameters which are in the parts, Lengte, Breedte and so on?

Mvg Jos
Message 4 of 6
CCarreiras

Hi!

You have to activate the Struture BOM view.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
karthur1

In the idw, right click on the parts list and choose "Bill of Materials".  Select the Structured tab and then right click on it. Select the "View Options" and change the level from "First Level" to "All Levels".  Choose "OK", and then "Done" to close the Parts list.

Now right click on the parts list again in the idw and choose, Edit parts list.  YOu should now see a "+" sign in the "+/-" column.

Kirk

Message 6 of 6
jostroopers

Thanks, i change the View Properties under Structure to All Levels in the BOM.

Now i can export to excel and see the expand levels with follow item numbers so i can see which part belongs to the assy.

Mvg Jos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report