Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Entire Batch of Inventor Files as STP Files

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
EABell
10484 Views, 4 Replies

Export Entire Batch of Inventor Files as STP Files

Is there a way to create stp files of all my 2014 Inventor files for a project without opening up each file and then exporting it as a stp file?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: EABell

I have never used this before - but have you investigated the functionality of the Task Scheduler?

Task Scheduler.PNG

Start>All Programs>Autodesk>Inventor>Tools

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
EABell
in reply to: JDMather

JD,

It worked like a charm!!!!  I just exported more than 150 Inventor  .ipt and .iam files as .stp files while I happily watch the Bears instead of openning a file and   saving as stp, etc, etc......etc.Thank you so much!! 

I've been saying this for years and I will say it again.  The help an independant solo operration like mine gets from the other users of this forum makes it possible to use this efficiently  software to make  a living. 

Again, thank you so much.

Ed

Message 4 of 5
Alexrose1942
in reply to: EABell

how do i do that with iPart files? (each .ipt file has 10 members for example)

Thanks 

Message 5 of 5
antuasallong
in reply to: Alexrose1942

Hi. You can save each iPart file individually as a .ipt by right clicking on each one anf selecting 'generate files'. Then proceed to do as above ^

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report