Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export ADSK file

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
LyleHardin
1273 Views, 6 Replies

Export ADSK file

I'm trying to find a good way to bring Inventor Assemblies into Revit Structure.

In 2013, I don't see an ADSK export feature. Does it still exist? It's never worked for me in the past, but I keep trying with each version....

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LyleHardin
in reply to: LyleHardin

I found it under BIM export. Funny the Help file turns up nothing when searching for ADSK...

Message 3 of 7
patrick.miller

Hi hardin,

May I ask where you were searching for help content? If I search the WikiHelp for adsk or export adsk, BIM Exchange is in the top 10 for both. I ask because we (Autodesk) are trying to better understand how customers are searching for help especially when they are NOT finding what they need.

Thanks much.

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning
Message 4 of 7
jletcher
in reply to: patrick.miller

Back in the day the help was real help now thumbs down. I don't even have help. If I hit the help tells me there is no help file don't know the whole error but I did go look for the file and it was there.

Autodesk I don't know what you are doing with my Inventor but I think you need to step back and see that some or most  end users are not happy with a lot of things you are doing. Do we not matter to you any more?

Message 5 of 7
LyleHardin
in reply to: patrick.miller

I can't get a license right now, but I was in Inventor 2013. I typed in ADSK in the space at the top of the screen above the ribbon. Nothing was found for ADSK. Same with wikihelp... I think. If I can get a license later today, I'll revisit that and let you know.

Thanks for the reply and helping out.

Lyle.

Message 6 of 7
Paul-Mason

Typing in ADSK worked for me

BUT why do these technocrats have to use hundreds of words, with in the instructions hidden among them for good measure, to confuse people, when in some or most cases simple screen shot would suffice and save confusion and annoyed users.

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 7 of 7
patrick.miller
in reply to: Paul-Mason

hardin (Lyle): In 2013, the search box in the title bar will take you to the WikiHelp, so it should be the same as what I saw. You don't need an Inventor license, you can go to http://wikihelp.autodesk.com at any time. Also the words adsk and adsk export in my previous post are hyperlinks to their respective searches. 

jletcher: What version of Inventor are you using? Inv 2012 and 2013 should default to the WikiHelp and not a local file. If you do not have internet access, you are directed to a smaller, local file. If you could tell me your version and the error message, I might be able to help.

Mason-Paul: your comment is something we are working to improve. We understand that the procedures and references became buried when we moved to the wiki. We plan to make the procedures and references much more descoverable but will still have the technocrat info available for those interested.

Patrick

Patrick Miller

User Experience Designer
Fusion 360 Learning

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report