Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploded View Trails Display problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mdobrick
800 Views, 3 Replies

Exploded View Trails Display problem

Hello all,

Our company recently made a huge leap forward moving from Inventor 11 to Inventor 2014. We have found an issue with Tweak Trails that we cannot seem to get resolved. Hoping for some help from the resident experts here.

The trails are displaying on "top" of the assembly geometry in both the IPN and the IDW files. For instance if I pull a shaft our of normal position, the trail will display completely over the holding piece, instead of "disappearing" as it goes into the hole. I have a picture below that shows what we are experiencing.

Notice that the trail shown on the shaft is visible on "top" of the shaft, as well as the mating pieces geometry. We were used to seeing the trail "under" the model geometry, and only visible from the end of the shaft into the hole. Is it possible to get this visualization style back?!?!

Thanks in advance for any/all help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdobrick
in reply to: mdobrick

I can't seem to find the edit post button.....but I have some additional information.

- Switching view styles removes the problem until a 3D orbit or pan.

- These are coming into our drawings as well, and so far the only way to remove them is to choose "NEVER" under Edit view--> Display options-->Section Standard Parts.

It is almost as though this is a video card/graphics issue, and the screen is not refreshing properly. We are running NVidia Quadro 600 cards, on Win 7 Pro X64. Driver version - 9.18.13.745 (as downloaded and installed from the approved list on Autodesks' website).

Is there a way to "force" a screen refresh within Inventor similar to the old "REGENALL" command in ACAD?

Message 3 of 4
gcross

We are seeing this same bad weak Trail behavior in the IPN here also. The trail are hidden properly by geometry in the IDW views fortunately. So it seems to be limited to the IPN file

A second problem is that some views in IDW based on IPN are showing trails that are supposed to be turned off. It gets a bit busy in views with too many trail showing.

Autodesk-The IPN format desperately needs a makeover !

The Edit View/Section Stnd Parts> set to Never recommended by mdobrick was not needed for the first problem. I tried it anyway but it had no effect for this second problem in the IDW for us .
Message 4 of 4
JDMather

@mdobrick wrote:

Hello all,

Our company recently made a huge leap forward moving from Inventor 11 to Inventor 2014. ....

Have you installed Service Pack 1 and Update 2 for SP1?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report