Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explanation graphic not going away after hovering over an icon

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
648 Views, 5 Replies

Explanation graphic not going away after hovering over an icon

Hello,

When hovering over icons, such as the “Constrain” function, the helper graphic appears over top of my product tree. After the graphic is finished playing it doesn’t go away. I can’t select anything in my tree structure that is behind the graphic and when I try to select the “I” (New, Save, Etc), I can’t select anything from that menu dropdown which is under the icon either.

I’m running Windows 8.1, and I’m using a trial version of Autodesk Inventor Pro 2014.

Anyone know who to fix this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you installed Service Pack 1 and Update 1 for Service Pack 1?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?linkID=9242019&id=2334435&siteID=123112#section15

https://www.google.com/#q=autodesk+inventor+2014+windows+8.1+patch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I tried updating the service pack, but that didn't appear to fix anything.

Now that i'm playing around with it a little more, it appears the graphic stays in-place regardless of whether Inventor is maxamized or minimized. For example, Inventor is minimized while i read your reply, and the graphic is covering part of my Firefox browsing session. Note: Firefox is open independendently of Inventor.

When i close Inventor, the graphic goes away.

Ay other ideas?

Message 4 of 6
brian.cranston

I've had a user with this issue.  Go to Task Manager and kill Flash because it's hung up.  (I think it's Flash, but could be some other Adobe product- it's been a while since I've dealt with it.)

Anyway, that's fixed it for me. 🙂

-Brian Cranston

Message 5 of 6
dennis
in reply to: brian.cranston

I too have had that problem, but when I got a new laptop with an "approved" graphics card, the issue went away.  With my old laptop, I went into the Options/General tab/ and unchecked the box for Show ToolClips to keep the animations from playing.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Not sure if you guys are having the issue I did, but mine was due to an Optimus based NVidia card. I posted what I did to fix it in a thread about Revit here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Revit-Architecture/Revit-Tooltip-Freezing-problem/m-p/4367641

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report