Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exclusions in pattern in iassembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
549 Views, 2 Replies

exclusions in pattern in iassembly

I have a complex iassembly.  One pattern in it has the quantity of elements controlled in the iassembly table. I am adding a few more configurations to this iassembly, and they need to have one element of the pattern excluded.
I can't chose the element, nor the part within the element in the iAssembly Author under the exclusion tab (It simply isn't listed as an option.).

I figured out what the part was called out as and manually entered it into the table with Excel, and IV gives me the error:

Detected potentially damaging errors in the table.
  Unable to interpret a cell: "Exclude"
  Unable to interpret a cell: "Include"
Do you wish to continue?

If I tell it ok, this error follows:

The values in the document do not match the values in the Active Row of the table. Do you wish to update the document before continuing?
          100 HAT, PUNCHED:1:Include/Exclude ; "Exclude" != "Include"

(The part isn't excluded, even the table is set to exclude it)

So, I tried writing n ilogic rule. (I have to create a new representation to get it to work.  This is not favorable.)

I used the line:

Component.IsActive("100 HAT, PUNCHED:1") = False

to exclude it.  Unfortunately, IsActive is not the same as exclusion, and I am using the including/exclusion status of another part to drive the state of the 100 HAT, PUNCHED:1.  So, even though another part is excluded in the assembly, it is still technically active, so my HAT doesn't change states.

So, does anyone know how to include/exclude an element in a pattern in an iassembly?  Or how to declare something as included/excluded in ilogic..?  Or another idea?  I'd rather not create new patterns and switching between excluding them in the data table.  It's not really practical.

I am running IV 2014 in Windows 7 64 bit, latest updates.
I cannot share the CAD data.  Alas, it is proprietary. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I don't think iAssembly table allows one particular pattern element to be excluded. You can exclude the entire component pattern or change the number of pattern elements.

You could try using iLogic rule to "suppress" an element as you can do manually.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I know how to suppress via illogic, but I need to "exclude." I am driving this part by another part's excluded state. I don't know how to call that out in illogic. Even though the part is excluded, it isn't suppressed. So if I drive the part by another's suppression state, it's always there.

Clear as mud?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report