Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel driven general tables and vba object hierarchy

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nkopilec
873 Views, 2 Replies

Excel driven general tables and vba object hierarchy

Running Inventor 2010 on XP 32 bit platform.

I've got two questions of entirely different nature... hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules or unwritten formalities by asking them in the same post; I'm new to the forum.

1. I'm using Excel driven general tables for my parts list in idw's and I would like to select a "Data Start Cell" from another sheet in my Excell workbook other than sheet1. I tried typing "Sheet2![cell_no]", but this is not a valid entry. Is there any way to accomplish this or am I stuck picking a cell on sheet1 of my workbook? It's not a big deal if I'm not able to select a cell from another sheet, but it would be nice simply for organization.

2. Does anyone know of a good resource that would provide a more thorough description of Inventor classes and objects for vba? The help function is fine for finding out what classes and objects actually exist and the sample code examples give a little more insight, but it would be helpful if there were a resource that provided a little better description of object functionality. I could get by with the sample code and help, but it would certainly help to have an extra resource.

Thanks,

Nathan

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PaulMunford
in reply to: nkopilec

Hi Nkopilec,

The best resource for Inventor programming is the Autodesk Developer network... But you do have to pay to join!

Check out there site here, there is some free stuff to whet your appatit:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=1079044&siteID=123112

You can download the developer tools MSI for free - which includes a handy PDF map of the Inventor API object model.

have fuin,

Paul

(P.S. someone else will have to answer your excel question!)

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 3
nkopilec
in reply to: nkopilec

Thanks for your reply. The tree diagram of the object hierarchy was very helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report