Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimates COST from BOM / Parts List?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SteveFrey
2009 Views, 4 Replies

Estimates COST from BOM / Parts List?

I would like to get an estimated cost of an assembly.  The assembly is made up of different extrusions that we make.  I know the price per foot of the extrusion.  I am assuming between the iProperties and the BOM this can be calculated but I can't figure out how.  I would like to calculate the extrusion per foot to get the cost.  So if I use 3 feet of extrusion at $4.00 per foot the total estimated cost would be $12.00. 

We chrome plated some of our extrusion by an outside vendor. The second part of this is can I figure out how much the material cost + plating cost is per foot?  So the extrusion that costs $4.00 per foot costs an additional $5.00 per foot to be plated so $9.00 per foot plated. 

How would I go about this?  Thanks!

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi  SteveFrey,

It's generally poor practice to load your CAD data with costing information, as it presents a challenge when prices go up (or down?). I might recomend exporting the BOM to a spread sheet that is pre-loaded with the current pricing, as demonstrated at this link:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/06/ilogic-export-parts-list-with-options.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5

I was trying to stay away from exporting it to excel but I can if need be.

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
Message 4 of 5

Hi  SteveFrey,

I suppose you could also read in the current costing information from excel and do the calculations via iLogic code and then write it to the assembly iProperties. Or do it all in the models (if you must) and use iLogic to calculate, but I don't know of built in solution for doing the costing calcs without using some code.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 5

Sounds complicated.  I guess the way to do it would be to send the BOM from Vault (which I'm not currently running) to our ERP system.  I imagine this is even more complicated.  The excel route is sounding better every minute.......

Thanks!

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report