Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in line projecting to a sketch associated with a view are too large.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Malenki
283 Views, 4 Replies

Errors in line projecting to a sketch associated with a view are too large.

Look at attachments please. Open drawing file and look into "sketch 2". I'm afraid that the function of line's projecting to a sketch associated with a view does not work properly. This nasty effect occurs in many models and situations. This is only one example. Such big mistake was not present in versions before 2012 - at least I do not remember such problems. They are very annoying. How to skip them in a different way than shown in the annexes? Who can help me?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: Malenki

I see what you are talking about, but my first thought is there are unresolved issues with both the ipt file and the idw.

The ipt file is looking for this

file.jpg

Not to mention I don't even see where sketch 2 is in the model.  I would try and resolve this link issue and see if you still have the problem.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
Malenki
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi, thank you for your time...

It is obvious that the .ipt file looking for dependent files. I forgot to block the connectivity, but at any time it can be done. I would be forced to pass the entire project. It is too large (there is a whole chain connections), and it is impossible. But ... whether it is relevant for the problem? I have a body (here: sheet), somehow "scraped out" and I want to project its edges. This is done, but  with large deviations, too large for practical use.

Malenki

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: Malenki

Malenki,

Yes, I did find the sketch in the drawing as you showed.  It was the model I  refering to when I said I could not find that sketch.

I don't have Inventor open right now, so I am going out on a limb here, but I am wondering if the resolution setting in application options is causing this sketch to look the way it does.  Basically thinking it might be a graphics issue.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
Malenki
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi,

Resolution? Hardware? I don't belive you think so. Similar problems have other people also, that use this software to create documentation: other hardware, other resolution too and other drawing models. So, try to get a similar effect on the view part of the next: create a new sketch attached to the next view (my .idw file), project the contour line... and...? I think you received the same as I...

Best Regards

Malenki

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report