Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when creating wiew in dwg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
avlmulticonsult
282 Views, 7 Replies

Error when creating wiew in dwg

Hi.

I had created som drawing before I had to make som adjustments to my model which made it a deal larger. Then i went back to my drawings. Everything was perfect exept my arrangement drawing where I have used the master wiew from my model to make a drawing. When i returnd, this was locked. I'v deleted the wiews in the dwg file and I'v tried to make som new ones but the master wiew becomes invisible in the dwg sheet. Ewery other wiew works just fine exept this. I guess it's because it is a large file, but how can I fix it?

My computer has these specifications

Intel Xeon 2,40GHz

RAM 16GB

64bit

Nvidia Quadro 4000

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

first i need to know what means "it was locked" Do you mean it was not updated by new content in the iam file (still showing previous state)?  Also some screenshots of dialogs, model tree would help.

-Jozef

Message 3 of 8

It was frozen if thats a better word. I could zoom ond drag the sheet, but not du anything with the wiew itself. I had marked the associative collum so it should have been updated automaticly. Because of that I deleted the wiew and inserted a new one.

Then my new problems started. When I now insert a wiew the sheet is blank, whike the browser tells me that there is a wiew there. I have taken a screen shot so you can see it.

Message 4 of 8

OK. Would it be possible to share the dataset? If it is not too large (<10MB) send it to me. My email is <mynickname>@autodesk.com

Also what version of inventor?

-Jozef

Message 5 of 8

It is almost 20MB so that will be hard. Its to large even if i zipp it.

I use Professional 2013 and I have uppgraded with servicepack 1.1, and also my screencard.

Message 6 of 8

I think it could pass 20MB still. Please try to zip and send it to me

-Jozef

Message 7 of 8

Ok. I'v made a new sheet with the same problem. Sending the mail now

Message 8 of 8

OK, refering to the attached image... try to save, close and reopen Luke i foringer med betong.iam .While reopening it may ask to update the assembly, please do so. Then return to the dwg.

At the very top there are two buttons with "lightning" icons. On is just Update another is Update All Sheets. Use them booth if they are still active.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report