Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "CTD" on moving Parts List

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
AlEtzkorn
607 Views, 17 Replies

Error "CTD" on moving Parts List

Ok now twice with the same file I attempt to move my Parts list coincident to the lower left corner of my border and IV locks up and I get to say Hello to Desktop???

Any Ideas? I sent the error reports in to ADesk.

Al
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
AlEtzkorn
in reply to: AlEtzkorn

Now that I think about this...why can't we anchor the part list to a corner of something??? Seems like that would be easy to do.

Al
Message 3 of 18
AlEtzkorn

Ok, now I consider it an officially repeatable crash....3rd time, now on a new file. Zoom into the corner, grab the corner of the parts list to move it and "Hello Desktop"

Al
Message 4 of 18
AlEtzkorn

Definitely a problem...Happened once again on yet another new drawing....Anyone out there seeing the same thing?

Al
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

"why don't you stop moving it and move on with your life" thats what's autodesk will tell you. It must be the operator, it just has too be what else could it possibly be?
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

Post your system and graphics specs please.... AlEtzkorn wrote: >Ok now twice with the same file I attempt to move my Parts list coincident to the lower left corner of my border and IV locks up and I get to say Hello to Desktop??? > >Any Ideas? I sent the error reports in to ADesk. > >Al > > -- Dennis Jeffrey Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert Autodesk Product Consulting and Training Tekni Omicron - Center for Design Excellence http://www.design-excellence.com 260-459-1311x 221 or 800-550-6070 x 221
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous

That's real constructive. -- Sean Dotson, PE http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------ "ohunome" wrote in message news:8226459.1072816696938.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > "why don't you stop moving it and move on with your life" thats what's autodesk will tell you. It must be the operator, it just has too be what else could it possibly be?
Message 8 of 18
AlEtzkorn

System
PreFab Gateway
Dual P2 450
512M Ram PC100
40G HDD

GeForce 2 MX 400 with 4109 Drivers

anything else and you'll have to help me find it.

Al
Message 9 of 18
AlEtzkorn

UPDATE:

Did a repair install. Restarted computer. Opened file with Parts List...zoomed in close, grab corner and straight to Desktop with Error Report.

Next step would be a total uninstall/reinstall??

Any helpful Ideas before I do that?

Al
Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

I can reproduce this as well. I will log a defect Monday with the team. -Kevin AlEtzkorn wrote: > UPDATE: > > Did a repair install. Restarted computer. Opened file with Parts List...zoomed in close, grab corner and straight to Desktop with Error Report. > > Next step would be a total uninstall/reinstall?? > > Any helpful Ideas before I do that? > > Al
Message 11 of 18
AlEtzkorn

Thanks Kevin,

Always helps to have others seeing the same thing happening....assures some level of sanity....albeit maybe very limited.

Al
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous

Hmm, I couldn't. But I'm not the one that needed to.. -- Sean Dotson, PE http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------ "Kevin Schneider (Autodesk, Inc.)" wrote in message news:3ff5ae2b$1_3@statler... > I can reproduce this as well. I will log a defect Monday with the team. > > -Kevin > > AlEtzkorn wrote: > > UPDATE: > > > > Did a repair install. Restarted computer. Opened file with Parts List...zoomed in close, grab corner and straight to Desktop with Error Report. > > > > Next step would be a total uninstall/reinstall?? > > > > Any helpful Ideas before I do that? > > > > Al
Message 13 of 18
AlEtzkorn

UPDATE:

Had to uninstall/reinstall due to some flakiness.

Was working in one of my larger files...multiple variations of a fixture that I then modified at customer request to a single variation with 1 moving component. Was editing the drawing to reflect the changes. Decided to test this problem again after the reinstall.

Zoomed in close to the corner of the parts list.

Grab said Left Corner.

BAM....straight to desktop with request to send error report.

Any help I can give please let me know.

Al
Message was edited by: AlEtzkorn
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

I have seen this once before. The IDW would crash if the view magnification was zoomed too close when the parts list was moved. Worked fine when the zoom was far enough back so that the entire parts list was visible. "AlEtzkorn" wrote in message news:4082549.1073417173814.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > UPDATE: > > Had to uninstall/reinstall due to some flakiness. > > Was working in one of my larger files...multiple variations a fixture that I then modified at customer request to a single variation with 1 moving component. Was editing the drawing to reflect the changes. Decided to test this problem again after the reinstall. > > Zoomed in close to the corner of the parts list. > > Grab said Left Corner. > > BAM....straight to desktop with request to send error report. > > Any help I can give please let me know. > > Al
Message 15 of 18
AlEtzkorn

That's exactly what I'm seeing...again thanks for the confirmation of some level of sanity.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the video card I'm running?

Although this didn't happen running IV 7.

We'll see what Adesk says.

Al
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous

Just tried the same thing and it crashed as well back to the desktop. It's the first time I've ever done this so I'm not that bothered but no - you're not completely insane!! That's actually the first time that IV8 has crashed with me - been using it about a month now. -- Cheers, --Rob Singlehurst Win2K SP3 IV8 Quadro4 750XGL, 44.03 drivers "AlEtzkorn" wrote in message news:18262183.1073478514372.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > That's exactly what I'm seeing...again thanks for the confirmation of some level of sanity. > > I wonder if it has anything to do with the video card I'm running? > > Although this didn't happen running IV 7. > > We'll see what Adesk says. > > Al
Message 17 of 18
AlEtzkorn

Maybe it's time for us to log a bug report directly with Adesk.

Kevin, should we or has it already been logged?

Al
Message 18 of 18
Anonymous

Kevin above stated that he logged the defect. -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "AlEtzkorn" wrote in message news:30895240.1073489031978.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Maybe it's time for us to log a bug report directly with Adesk. > > Kevin, should we or has it already been logged? > > Al

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report