Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message When Saving To Style Library

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
samnick259
403 Views, 6 Replies

Error Message When Saving To Style Library

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any info on the following error message when saving to the style library.

STYLE LIBRARY ERROR.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
scottmoyse
in reply to: samnick259

Welcome to the forum Samnick.

Autodesk will need to confirm... but that unfortunately looks like some kind of corruption. I'm just not sure at which end. Hopefully its in your document and not the library. Does it happen when you try to save to the library, with a different style in the same document, but also from another brand new document?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 7
bob_holland

Samnick,

Welcome to the forum and I am going to have to agree with Scott.

Can you tell us your workflow at the time and what service packs and updates you have installed.

Where is your design data folder?

Thank you.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 4 of 7
samnick259

hi, thanks for responding. i am running 2014 with sp1 update 2, my style library folder is on a server, not my local drive.

a little more info- my goal is to create a common material library for all engineers to use. i followed the procedure on autodesk, created my asset managment file and made all changes in that file. originally had no errors. then it was brought to my attention that a density was incorrect on one of the materials, i made the correction but can't save to library.

Message 5 of 7
bob_holland

Chris,

I hate to say this , we have pulled Update 2 for Inventor 2014 SP1 this morning.

I do not know why.

I would uninstall it and continue to utilize Update 1.

FYI

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 6 of 7
samnick259
in reply to: bob_holland

Thanks for the heads up on update 2, but unfortunately this issue happened before I did the update.

Message 7 of 7
bentbrandt

I also have a "String resource could not be loaded ( and missing) for id 2a1e...."

When I try to save a custom style, with a texture, to a custom style library in inventor 2014.

Our library is also located on a network drive. The error started some time ago, so my guess is that it has been corrupted in some way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report