Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message - Rule Compile Error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cbenner
466 Views, 4 Replies

Error message - Rule Compile Error

prog.JPG

I've been seeing this error message pop up randomly in one assembly file today.  I have no ilogic rules present in this assembly or any of the subs or components, so I can't understand why I'd be getting a compile error.  Anyone else seen anything like this ever?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: cbenner

I have seen this error when I try to add a function or secondary subroutine into an iLogic rule, and I forget to specify the main subroutine.

But I can't begin to guess why this error would appear if you don't even have iLogic rules...

Can you attach the assembly in question?  Or at least a simplified version of it?

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 3 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: cwhetten

Assembly way too big.  I started clicking "delete all rules" at each assembly level where I've seen this error, and I haven't seen it in a while.  I'm hoping I "purged" the rule (which didn't exist in the first place).  The only other thing I can think of is that I had iMike in the assembly for a while... there may be rules embedded in that thing which were affecting me.

Message 4 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: cbenner

iMike?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: mrattray

@mrattray wrote:
iMike?

Inventor assembly of a generic "man" for judging heights and ergonomics and such.  You can adjust his height and position arms, legs etc.. even make him sit.  Fairly popular for a while, I found it on the cbliss website years ago.  We use it once in a while to check the height of valves or controls etc.  I've heard there is an iJill as well which is a more advanced assembly with articulated fingers and such.  Never looked for that one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report