Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in Rse clone commander

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
rajeshindi
8077 Views, 19 Replies

error in Rse clone commander

what is the meaning of

Error in RSe clone commander

Thank you,

Rajesh.

2013-04-27_120520.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
blair
in reply to: rajeshindi

The error message "Error in RSe clone commander" (e.g. during Assembly Demote) indicates a problem in the assembly structure - Inventor fails on creating a copy (clone) of the assembly structure.

Apply the latest service packs for your Inventor version, or try to remove "suspicious" constraints, or modify the structure of the original assembly (adaptive components, subassemblies, etc.).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 20
vmichl_cs
in reply to: blair

Message 4 of 20
rajeshindi

Thanks. I wil update as I go
Message 5 of 20
blair
in reply to: vmichl_cs

Sorry, tried using a mobile device. It will copy from a body but I am having a tough time trying to copy a hyperlink from the link window.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 20
Jam_Jumpin

This worked for me.

It was annoying, but I pretty much just took the main componant of what was going to be the new assembly and deleted all the constraints on it. Which was about 10. I had to reattach them after, but at least it worked.

Message 7 of 20
jingyi.liu

Hi Rajesh

From your capture, I noticed it was a iFeature related error message, could you send me the part and more specifc steps to reproudce it? Also, please tell me the version you're using.

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 8 of 20
gkvidal

I recieved this same error while saving an iFeature.  The iFeature did not save.  Is there any new information for this error?

Ken Vidal

Message 9 of 20
blair
in reply to: gkvidal

ADSK just posted updates for both IV2013 and IV2014 yesterday. You may want to install the updates and see if it fixes the issue.

If not, check for the issues in your assembly that were listed in the post.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 20
gkvidal

Thanks for the heads up on 2013 & 2014, unfortunately I'm still working with 2012.  Also my Clone Commander error happened when trying to save an iFeature (no assemblies were involved.)  I made progress by changing out some of the features included in my iFeature.  I had no idea that iFeature was so difficult to work with.  Are there some guidelines as to what features will not be accepted by the iFeature creation?

Message 11 of 20
SaskClay

Can anyone confirm if Inv 13 or 14 updates resolved this issue?
Message 12 of 20
STRIKER-360

Hi, I have inventor 2014 SP1 Update 2 and I'm getting the same error when trying to extract and save an i-Feature. I don't have any assemblies involved, just a single .ipt. My first attempt was trying to extract an iFeature including several individual features (1 extrude, 1 fillet and 1 rectangular pattern) and I kept getting the error message. The only way I could extract it correctly was picking only one or two extrusions. But in this case I was better off redoing the sketches and the extrusions manually than using iFeatures tools!!!!. So what's the point of the iFeature tool if I can't use it to save me time??????????? Any clues on this issue?? Thanks
Message 13 of 20

I have the same error when trying to make a "Extract iFeature" to make a punch in sheet metal, Inventor 2017.

Message 14 of 20

@ingcarlos_alvarez

Can you share that data with us?  Also what version of Inventor are you using?

RSe Clone Commander errors are always fixable but they are always data set specific. What it means is that some combination of data in your dataset cannot be cloned correctly to make the iFeature. Something causes a cycle, etc. Once you start combining multiple objects/features things get complicated really quickly and cannot always be predicted.  We see similar issues in copy/paste for example.

If you can give us the IPT file we can likely find the issue and address it in a future update of Inventor.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 20

Hello,

I encounter the same error, not telling me anything what I am doing wrong.

As I am new to punches I'd like to learn from my mistakes.

If I "Extract iFeature", I select:

-Exctraction "Outside"

-Extraction "Inside"

- Fillet 3

- Fillet 4

- Cut2

Then select "Sheet metal punch iFeature" in the extract ifeature window.

When i hit save after naming the punch-file Inventor mentions that this file is not in the current project, which is oke for me now. And after I click "yes" in the dialog box this error shows in a new dialog box: "Error in RSe clone commander", but there is nothing that can be done there other than "ok". Nothing is being saved.

The file is attached.

Inventor 2021 64bit Build 353, release 2021..3.1 Date: Fri 05/21/2021

Thanks for your advice or help in advance!

Message 16 of 20

Hello mr Dennis,
Please see my post below, answering your request as well about "Error in RSe clone commander" dialog.
Thanks!
Message 17 of 20
SteveMDennis

@christian.postma I will send this to our iFeature expert and see what he can do with it. Thank you for supplying us with the additional information.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 20
johnsonshiue

Hi Steve and Christian,

This looks like a bug to me. I cannot explain why Fillet4 caused the extraction to fail. Interestingly, if Fillet3 and Fillet4 are combined (deleting Fillet4 and adding the edges to Fillet3), the error will go away. I guess there is some sort of geometry dependency issue between Fillet3 and Fillet4.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 19 of 20
SteveMDennis
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue can you log a defect against iFeature for this?

@christian.postma Another suggestion from our expert.

"The intersection edges have historically been a challenge for iFeature extraction.  The user will probably have better luck modeling this with a cut and a revolve."

Something to try along with Johnson's suggestion above.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 20
johnsonshiue
in reply to: SteveMDennis

Hi Folks,

This issue has been reported as INVGEN-54522. It looks like the second fillet is causing some confusion that Inventor cannot handle. Consolidate the two fillets will help extract the iFeature.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report