Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in reading rse stream

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
UnablEE
572 Views, 5 Replies

error in reading rse stream

Hello everyone,

I was working on an assignment at school where i made a few parts and assemblies. when i copied them and took them home to work further on them there. they would not open. The error it gives is: Error in reading RSe stream. How can i fix this? the version of autodesk inventor i use at home is proffesional 2014 student version. And i have windows 7.

thanks in advance

Baris

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: UnablEE

more than likely a corrupt file..

try opening it a few times and if you keep getting it then I'd say you should just start over. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
mdavis22569

What version are you using at Work? This sounds like it could be different versions of Inventor being the issue.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! If you could post the file here or send it to me vial email (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com), I would be able to tell if this is a corruption or incompatible Inventor release.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
UnablEE
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Ill send it to you right away. There are about 10 files that dont work.

thanks in advance

Message 6 of 6
coreyparks

This sounds like a version mismatch error.  I would guess at school you are using Inventor 2015 and those files can not be opened in Inventor 2014.  Inventor is not backwards compatible like AutoCAD.  You will need to update your home version or only work on these files on your school computers.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report