Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in reading RSe segment

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
srionde
2185 Views, 6 Replies

Error in reading RSe segment

Error in reading RSe segment - the number of objects found in the segment does not match the segment summary
     Error loading segment PmAppSegment in database C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\Vault\Designs\xxxxxxxx\FP - 3 1_2x1_2 - 11,25.ipt

Hello all

I have finished a design, made the 2d drawings. then I close all my idw files, and I saw i forgot to insert some comments, so I opened the idw I have just created and one of them doesn't want to open cause of this error message.

I can't open also my main assembly cause of that, and I am a cyclic errors message that switch between 2 windows, so i can't close my Inventor.

I am using Inventor 2015 Pro, Vault Workgroup, but i had no time to chek in my files yet cause of that message.

Is anyone would have a solution ?

I also made a test and moved the file away from directory, but it still the same error.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Lancasterm
in reply to: srionde

You may have some corruption in your model.   Since you are unable to open your top assembly...    For a test, copy, rename and use the last (top assembly) saved file in your oldversion folder.    In additiont the corruption could be based on the part file that is listed.   Use its latest saved version in the oldversion folder or get an earlier version of it from vault.

Message 3 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: srionde

Hi! It does sound like there is file corruption. Do you still have the back-up copies? Can you reproduce the behavior?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 7
srionde
in reply to: Lancasterm

Hello Lancasterm

I can't check out the part from the vault as the project was not checked in.

The problem occured too fast, i close the drawing then try to reopen it like 5 mn later and problem happened.

So I made the following test:

- Copy and save the top assembly to the oldversions folder:

-trying to open with the 3 options given by Inventor :

- open old versions

- restore old version to current version

- open current version

None of the above was working.

I did the same test with the concerned part and it still not working.

So I try to opened from the oldestversion the concerned part, one of the backup copy (named xxx.004.ipt) and it worked. So I took it and place it to the main folder and everything is good now.

Thank you for your help guys.

Message 5 of 7
JSimeroth
in reply to: Lancasterm

I have this same error EXACTLY. The fact that it's stuck in a permanent loop of error windows is a pretty obvious glitch. However, I don't have any files in my OldVersions folder. Do you only get those after checking into the vault, or is it after every save? Because I've never checked this part into the vault at all yet (though it is in the vault's folder on my C drive). Any ideas?

Message 6 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: JSimeroth

The OLDVERSION folder is an Inventor thing and has nothing to do if you use Vault or not.   In your active project under options, what is the setting for old versions to keep on save?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 7
JSimeroth
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

It is set to "1". I wonder though, what does purge do? I was assuming it just cleaned up/fixed corrupted files, so I tried that first. But I could also see that meaning that it purges my folders of old versions and deletes them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report