Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in assembly analysis

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rosthegr8
316 Views, 3 Replies

Error in assembly analysis

hi guys, I am a starter with inventor.I was doing a static stress analysis for a small assembly I got following errors.

1)Model separates into 2 independent components.

2) soft spring was added

.How can I eliminate this error??

plss help as I have to complete this work ASAP.:(

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: rosthegr8

Neither one of those messages is an "error".

An assembly without parts is useless - I recommend returning to the basics before moving on to FEA.

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

With an entire assembly (that includes parts) someone can explain the reason for each message.

In general - an assembly FEA quite frequently can and should separate into different components, and if there is a remaining DOF a soft spring will be needed to limit motion (typically along the axis of a fastener).

What book are you using to learn Inventor FEA?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
rosthegr8
in reply to: JDMather

I have a washer which has a rotational dof. how can I constrain it?

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: rosthegr8

Does it really have anything to do with the analysis - if not then right click on it an Exclude from analysis.

If it does, then the Soft Spring added by Inventor might be all that is needed

or

add a Mate constraint between the workplane going through the center of the washer and the shaft or whatever part it is constrained to, to remove the the DOF.

I recommend a stronger understanding of the basics of Inventor before moving to FEA, especially assembly FEA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report