Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing two .sat files to a part file

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Vitornis
618 Views, 7 Replies

Error importing two .sat files to a part file

I am getting this error below when i try to import two .sat files into my part file. Anyone know why it would be doing this? Import SAT File: problems encountered while executing this command. 6500gal Tank Skeleton.ipt: Errors occurred during update Base44: Could not build this Base The feature as specified cannot be the first (base) feature in the part. Use Edit Feature to change the operation or termination options or use Reorder to move the feature later in the feature sequence. 6500gal Tank Skeleton.ipt: Errors occurred during update Base44: Could not build this Base The feature as specified cannot be the first (base) feature in the part. Use Edit Feature to change the operation or termination options or use Reorder to move the feature later in the feature sequence.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Vitornis

@Vitornis wrote:
I am getting this error below when i try to import two .sat files into my part file.

What version ACIS (*.sat)?

What version Inventor?

Can you attach the files here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Vitornis
in reply to: JDMather

The version is what ever version AutoCAD 2013 exports. For some reason i can't upload any attachments to the discussion board.
Message 4 of 8
JDMather

You might have to right click on the filenames and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder to attach here.

And try both IE and Chrome.

You could also post to Autodesk360 and then give the link here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Vitornis

Message 6 of 8
Vitornis

I did find a work around. I had to create a new part file and import the second .sat file to it. then i derived the new part file into the one i was trying to import both .sat file into and then broke the link to the new part file and deleted it.
Message 7 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! I have pulled down the files from the shared location. I am able to import them both to Inventor R2015 without a problem. What Inventor release are you on? Could you show me the Import Options you used (Open -> select the SAT file -> Options)?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 8
Vitornis
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I am using 2013 Inventor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report