Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing parts list style

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
rusmwb
947 Views, 9 Replies

Error importing parts list style

Inventor 2011 64 bit build 309 sp2

When I try to import the attached parts list style the following errors are returned. I found another thread from 2005 that said this was fixed for r10 with sp1.

Import Style: problems encountered while executing this command.
     Invalid XML value for 'SubstituteFractionalFormat'. Expected 'bool' received '186' in file:///C:/Users/rusmwb/MTO_parts_list.styxml.
       Invalid XML value for 'SubstituteDisplayUnit'. Expected 'bool' received '186' in file:///C:/Users/rusmwb/MTO_parts_list.styxml.
         Invalid XML value for 'SubstituteLeadingZeros'. Expected 'bool' received '129' in file:///C:/Users/rusmwb/MTO_parts_list.styxml.
           Invalid XML value for 'SubstituteTrailingZeros'. Expected 'bool' received '218' in file:///C:/Users/rusmwb/MTO_parts_list.styxml.
             Invalid XML value for 'SubstituteFractionalFormat'. Expected 'bool' received '128' in file:///C:/Users/rusmwb/MTO_parts_list.styxml.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

The styles seem to be corrupt. How did you create it. Did you export it from another release of Inventor. Can you give us some background about this partslist style. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 10

I copied the "Parts List (ANSI)" style and renamed the new one, then formatted the new one with additional columns for custom iproperties (for sheet metal flat width and flat length), then formatted these new columns to be 3 decimal places and to not show the unit string (in). I then exported this new format.

Then I opened a different drawing (that already had a parts list table), attempted to imported the new parts list style and got the error message.

All on same computer / same version of Inventor.

Here is a previous post with a similar error http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Errors-during-Import-of-Parts-List/td-p/2356154

Message 4 of 10
rusmwb
in reply to: rusmwb

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 10

Hi,

I couldn't able to reproduce it using a new style. However i could reproduce the error with your xml file. Can you try creating a new one with a different user account and see how it helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 6 of 10

OK, On another users computer (Same version of Inventor) I followed the steps outlined above to create a new parts lists style with 3 additional columns that are formatted to 3 decimal places and no units string, then exported it, I then opened a different idw drawing and tried to import the new style and received the same error message that says it expected bool but received 96 (or some number)

Message 7 of 10
rusmwb

I was able to open the exported parts list table styxml file in notepad, replace 186, 129, 128, 218 with 0.

I was then able to import the style into a different idw and apply it to a parts list without error.

Message 8 of 10
cadman777

Rus,

Thanks for this tip.

Worked like a charm in IV2010.

That solves this problem I've had for a LONG time, but nobody could answer.

I even learned something new:

"bool" means "yes" or "no", where "no" = "0"

Cheers ... Chris

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 9 of 10
rusmwb

I'm glad it helped you Chris. I import the parts list style into drawings all the time to automatically get the columns I need for flat widths, lengths, etc

Thanks for the tip on  

"bool" means "yes" or "no", where "no" = "0"

Mark

Message 10 of 10
burnt101

Thankyou Legends!

You've solved my problem 😄

This is why i love the autodesk forum!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums