Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Attempt to create more than one first initializer.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Noob
1141 Views, 8 Replies

Error: Attempt to create more than one first initializer.

I have a rather large assembly factory. I recently renamed a duplicate file from our companies vault and am trying re-reference to the correct part. In this case, the factory table has the wrong name, and when i add the correct heading with the table editor. The attached jpeg pops up. It happens every time, and I have no idea what to do.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wynand
in reply to: Noob

Hi there,

Did you ever get the issue resolved? I got this message after I did a "Save As", closed the file and then on re-opening the file I got 2 pop-up windows. One said "Attempt to create one first" and the next window "A required recourse was".

Inline image 1

Message 3 of 9
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: wynand

Wynand

In the future I would recommend creating a new posting and not replying to one that is 8 years old.   As you can see the original user's account has been archived.

However what happens if you exit Inventor 2015 and then open the file?   Do you have Inventor 2015 SP2 installed?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 9
wynand
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

​Hi there,

I did not even look at the age of it, just that I actually found a post of someone else that had the same issue.

Firstly, Yes, the application manager updates are all up to date.

With regards to the file, at this moment "It" opens fine again. Thus far it seemed to be the first and only such anomaly I/we had with this type of error. At the time of receiving the error however the world stood still. Hopefully we don't get it again or having "Murphy" working here, maybe it's pointing at something on the horizon that might be worse.

Thanks for your replay.
Message 5 of 9
gyoungJGUQY
in reply to: wynand

Just got the same message, btw who says you can't reply to an old post? haha

Message 6 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: gyoungJGUQY

Hi! The error message sounds system related. Try a few things. Close Inventor and go to %temp% and clean up files there. Make sure the appropriate .Net is installed (2020 and 2019 require .Net 4.7; 2018 requires .Net 4.6; 2017 requires .Net 4.5).

The issue seems to be known. I found a support article dated in 2018. The issue was reported as 14484. I need to check the status.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Inven...

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: gyoungJGUQY

Hi! Based on the status of TFS-14484, it has been fixed as of 2019.4 and 2020 RTM. What release are you on? Have you applied 2019.4?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 9

Hi @johnsonshiue, is there a 2018 fix for this one in any patch? Thank you.

Message 9 of 9

Hi Gabriel,

Unfortunately, based on the record I am seeing, the fix is only available to 2019 and 2020 at the moment. Please feel free to contact Autodesk Product Support to escalate the issue and request a fix in 2018.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report