Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after first launch of Inventor 2013

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Bibbios
568 Views, 11 Replies

Error after first launch of Inventor 2013

Hi everyone, I installed Audodesk Inventor 2013 and all the related programs, but after the first launch a fatal error immediately closed the program. It happens all the times I try to open it. I sent a report to Autodesk and the unique email sent to me in about 2 months is the auto-generated mail that informed me I have to download the SP2 version of Inventor. I tried to do it, the link to download was in the email, but during the installation an error occured whit this message (translated from italian) : "Unable to update the upgrade patch because the program to be upgraded is missing or the patch may update a different version of that program. Make sure the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that the version of the update patch is correct.".

Original message : "Impossibile aggiornare la patch di aggiornamento perchè il programma da aggiornare manca oppure la patch è progettata per aggiornarte una versione differente di tale programma. Assicurarsi che il programma da aggiornare sia disponibile nel computer in uso e che la versione della patch di aggiornamento sia corretta".

What should I do?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
PaulMunford
in reply to: Bibbios

I suggest uninstalling 2013 entirely, and then re-install, including the service pack...

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 12
Bibbios
in reply to: PaulMunford

Oh yes, I forgot. After a week I unistalled it and all the related programs. To be sure, I unistalled all the Autodesk programs and utilities from the control panel and the folders created in the OS storage, in Programs and in Programs files (x86). About one week ago I tried to redownload and reinstall the program and all it happened again. At the moment I didn't reunistalled and recancelled all.

Message 4 of 12
blair

If you have installed IV2013 on a new Windows 8 or 8.1 machine you will need to install all the SP's and Updates for your product. There is a link at the bottom of this web-page under the "Help & Support" column labeled "Service packs & Updates". Most likely the e-mail web-link no longer works as the website has seen a number of changes and updates.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 12
Bibbios
in reply to: blair

No I have Windows 7

Message 6 of 12
blair

Try using a different account, one with Admin Priv.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 12
Bibbios

I have an educational account because I'm a university student, so if I create another account and Inventor works, it should be useless for me, I don't think I can have another educational account.
Message 8 of 12
blair

The User Account on your computer won't make a change to your Inventor License. Most likely you are using an account that dosn't have adequate privilege's or is corrupt.This is the only way to check your system.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 12
Bibbios

Oh yes, I had understood to create a new Autodesk account.  So, anyway, I created another user account, with admin privileges too, and I opened Inv 2013 from it. I accepted the terms and then, after the loading, it automatically closed again. The same thing happen if I run it from right click - run as admin.

(Sorry for the delay reply because of the Christmas holidays)

Message 10 of 12
blair

Sounds like Inventor was installed when you were logged in to your PC with less than Administrator Privileges. You might be able to re-register Inventor while logged in to the Admin account with the attached document.

If not, then an un-install of Inventor and re-install of Inventor while logged in to the Admin Account is required. Install all the SP's, Hot-Fixes and Updates for your product. The link can be found at the bottom of this web-page below the "Help & Support"

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 12
Bibbios

I tried all the process and all it happens again. My user account has admin priv, so I unistalled Inv from this.

Now, before trying to install Inv 2013 this summer I tried to install Inv 2015 and 2014 too. I want to take advantage of the unistall of Inv 2013 to try again with them, and for sure I will create new topics for them if they don't work again.

Thanks for the replies. If I'll want, I'll retry in future to install Inv 2013 as you write.

Message 12 of 12
blair

Yes, use the Un-install program that's in the Autodesk folder (can be accessed from the "Start>Autodesk").

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report