Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1722

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rodell
250 Views, 6 Replies

Error 1722

Hello; Hope I'm in the right group. I'm trying to re-install Inventor 5.0 on my new Win2000 machine. During the installation I get an "Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program run as a part of the setup did not finish as expected.." I can repair it and it will come up as successfully installed, but then I get an error when I try to execute the program. Anyone know what's going on and what I can do? Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jiml
in reply to: rodell

on the cd is a file msi.exe load that then load Inventor
Message 3 of 7
rodell

thanks for the suggestion...however it didn't help. I found instmsiw.exe on the cd (no msi.exe) and installed it successfully, but got the same error on installation of Inventor. Even after I repair it and it says it was installed successfully, if I hover the mouse over the Inventor icon on the setup menu, it says that Inventor is not installed. It's been awhile, but if memory serves, when I first tried to install it, I aborted (legally by hitting cancel or something) for a reason that I can't recall, and then when I tried again I got this error. For that reason I've been assuming it had something to do with some remnant of the original install that it doesn't like. However I've uninstalled completely and gone throught the registry and deleted all "inventor" tags, so I don't know what to do at this point.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Have you tried copying the cd to a harddrive
directory (drive:\install_iv5) or some such? Also, make sure that there is no
"msiexec.exe" process left running in task manager. Kill and reboot should get
rid of it.

darvin
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

This might have been about a slightly different problem but from a recent post in the R6
ng where someone was having trouble installing they had this to say

"Finnur P. Frodason" wrote in message
news:FB8E9DEE0C402677DADDC284858C7D39@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I fixed it.
> When I went to Regional settings in the Control Panel and chose English as
> default it worked.
>
> I would prefer to choose the EULA doc for myself as it used to be. Too much
> automation 😞

And here was the response from John Elliot before he got it working

"John Elliott - Autodesk" wrote in message
news:9DF9316B516609616030E0A649D8C6E9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> This may show up on some systems.
> Find the Eula directory on the CD and copy it to C:\
>
> John

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"rodell" wrote in message news:f1213fd.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> thanks for the suggestion...however it didn't help. I found instmsiw.exe on the cd (no
msi.exe) and installed it successfully, but got the same error on installation of
Inventor. Even after I repair it and it says it was installed successfully, if I hover the
mouse over the Inventor icon on the setup menu, it says that Inventor is not installed.
It's been awhile, but if memory serves, when I first tried to install it, I aborted
(legally by hitting cancel or something) for a reason that I can't recall, and then when I
tried again I got this error. For that reason I've been assuming it had something to do
with some remnant of the original install that it doesn't like. However I've uninstalled
completely and gone throught the registry and deleted all "inventor" tags, so I don't know
what to do at this point.
Message 6 of 7
rodell

Yea, it's been on the hard disk the whole time after the first couple of failures. And there's no msiexec.exe running either.
Thanks
Message 7 of 7
rodell

It works! Problem seemed to be that I had pcAnywhere Host running on the system. I killed it and it installed.

Thanks everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report