Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineering Project Help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
violetkamber97
361 Views, 4 Replies

Engineering Project Help

My team and I are in the design stage of our engineering project. Our plan is to design a rotating shelf, with motors, to assist the elderly and/or disabled. Does anyone have any ideas how the motor train could work or look? Anything is appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: violetkamber97

Mechanism.png

This might give you some ideas.

Adapt commercial technology to smaller scale.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vertical+carousel+parts+bin&biw=1344&bih=754&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=u...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr

@violetkamber97 wrote:

My team and I are in the design stage of our engineering project. Our plan is to design a rotating shelf, with motors, to assist the elderly and/or disabled. Does anyone have any ideas how the motor train could work or look? Anything is appreciated. Thanks!

Well.. hard to give ideas with no details.. 

It this "rotating shelf" just a lazy suzan or as JD shows?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5
violetkamber97
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks for your response. No, we are trying to incorporate more of a chain design. A lazy susan is not exactly the tpe of rotation we need. This video may help explain what we are trying to do.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1MamhekGJA

Except we are trying to build a small, mock-up version

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr

@violetkamber97 wrote:

Thanks for your response. No, we are trying to incorporate more of a chain design. A lazy susan is not exactly the tpe of rotation we need. This video may help explain what we are trying to do.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1MamhekGJA

Except we are trying to build a small, mock-up version

So then see JD's post..

You just need to setup the linkages/arms correctly to achieve the smooth/level motion of the shelves.

That google link he posted should give you all the information/diagrams,etc... you need to get started on your own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report