Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineering drawings/aliging

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
leech10
565 Views, 3 Replies

Engineering drawings/aliging

Hi

I have a problem with aligning the model. At the begining I could not see drawings in correct position after putting them from assembly window to drawing one( please see the screenshot). I solved it in the drawing mode( I set them straight  so I can do engineering drawings), but I am wondering if there is a possibility to set any object in assembly mode horizontally\vertically so in the drawing mode it will not show incorrectly after adding them. Also I made a drawing file for Auto Cad mechanical and parts are also set tilted. 

Regards

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: leech10

The best method is to go back to your assembly (.iam) and constrain a part to the assembly origin planes.  This is easily accomplished using the Ground and Root tool in the Productivity panel (if I recall correctly -- I don't have Inventor on this computer).

If the assembly is truly constrained the way you want it, then you can place the base view using the button just below the Orientation box (Custom View, I think) to set the view to any orientation you wish.

Message 3 of 4
leech10

Hi

Thank yoou very much . I used Ground and Root and now my project is set horizontally. They one thing I am wondeing is that My clutch is grounded on one side. ( It contains 2 pieces of parts) One can be moved, second one not. DO you know how to unground part which was set by Groud and root , but not to move it to previous position

Regards

Peter

Message 4 of 4
SBix26

Right click on the grounded component and choose Grounded.  However, the Ground and Root tool also sets flush constraints between the origin planes of the component and the origin planes of the assembly, so you will also need to remove those.  But then you are right back where you started, with an assembly that has no constraints and can be moved and rotated anywhere.  One component of your assembly needs to be nailed down, and other components constrained to it with appropriate degrees of freedom.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report