Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

empty content centre

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jameslenane
1021 Views, 6 Replies

empty content centre

I have 2011 and 2012 inv but for some reason my content centre in 2011 is empty and when I check everything is in red and not available,it was fine and 2012 is fine,when I check its giving me a location and it ends in 2011 not 2012,I'd tried repair and reinstall so I'M lost at the minute and I'm a pretty new user so really need somebody to help in laymans terms to fix this as its stopped my tutorials in 2011 as I'M studying for pro exam in 2011 as passed the associate,tried for a week to work it out but dont have any books at the moment to help,any help would be appreciate as its in red a take it theirs a problem with file path?

regards James-frustrated:-/

ps.Had a few RSe stream issues too of recent and cant find work that I've done in 2011 no matter what project settings its on even the the ones I'd done the parts in,confused,I know its all training as these things will happen!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: jameslenane

Is the path correct in the Application Options under the Content Center Tab?

Can you navigate to the correct folder with Windows Explorer and the Content Center files are there?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
jameslenane
in reply to: blair

Thanks for the reply,I tried that and I can do that,when you open libraries you get my libraries.idcl and its 276KB in size! What I dont understand is if I check programmes,the 2012 content centre is in there buy not 2011,I'm really worn out trying to figure this out,I've done a repair and reinstall to try to fix this and I'm still in the same place!
Message 4 of 7
trumpy81

Do you have 2011 and 2012 open at the same time?

If so, that will probably be the problem. Both 2011 and 2012 share the same namespaces in Windows which means that they are both using the same resources regardless of the disk addresses used.

Only use one version at a time.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 5 of 7
jameslenane

Thanks for the reply,no I dont have both open at the same time so just can not figure out whats happened,I dont have anyone here who can even look at it,theirs one thing I could do but somebody would have to be willing to do it,if you have skype and a program called Mikogo-30 second download,I can take a skype call without video and using mikogo the other person can see my screen and their cursor will appear on my screen as well as my own,other than that I'm up a a river in a boat without paddles,very frustrating! At least with that somebody can actually see my set up and see if I've done something wrong or its some software issue!

Thanks buddy

Message 6 of 7
trumpy81

There's an easier way to get remote help. I trust you are running Windows 7?

If so, from the desktop hit F1. Type in Remote Help + enter. Choose the entry, 'Get help with your computer using Windows Remote Assistance'.

Read through the information and when you are ready, send an invitation to me at 'trumpy81-at-optusnet-dot-com-dot-au'

Don't forget to decipher my email address 🙂

Once I get your invitation we can go from there. Hopefully you have a reasonably fast connection and the roll out of IPv6 wont affect us too much, but there are no guarantees.

Note: you may need to configure Remote Assistance and possibly open your windows firewall and your routers firewall in order to allow connection.

If you need help with any of that, email me.

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 7 of 7
jameslenane
in reply to: trumpy81

Andy god bless ya buddy,I will do that this week,you have given me a bit to figure out but I will get there,and thanks your a gent,one things for sure I will learn more aswell,had a crash course in computors in the last 10 months:-),be in touch soon and take care....James

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report