Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

empty content center from deployment

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
art_turner
1709 Views, 5 Replies

empty content center from deployment

I know this is a known issue. i know it now. deployment does not install content center files on a local machine. it takes a half hour to unpack the downloaded raw files, it takes an hour to create a setup routine, then it takes another hour to run the setup. is that the procedure on each local machine to add the content center files local?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Please see this solution posted on our Support site:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14895010&linkID=9242018

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 6

I moved my deployments into a NOT TO BE USED directory.

the procedure.

run deployment

discover content center does not come up

discover white paper saying its microsoft SQLs fault

run setup, add content center

discover content center does not come up

do Inventor 2012 uninstall from control panel, choose option, total repair replaces all files

complain

Message 4 of 6

The solution I mentioned is for Desktop content single user libraries. You need first to install Inventor 2012 on a workstation where all the IDCL files will be installed and then to create the deployment separately and add all the installed libraries in the deployment under the section "Add files". The video in the solution shows the exact procedure.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 5 of 6
skitchin
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

i just found this info. Do we also have to do this for 2012? While setting up the deployment it says "you must select Content Center Libraries" from the product list but there is no option to select Content Center Libraries.

Message 6 of 6
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: skitchin

This is valid also for version 2012. When you create the deployment, you have to use the command "Add files" in order to add the folders where the libraries were installed in advance. This is shown in the video of that solution.

Daniela Koloszko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report