Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 11 of 13 (189 Views)

Re: embossing onto multiple surfaces

12-18-2012 10:20 AM in reply to: MikeKovacik4928

MikeKovacik4928 wrote:

... I see it was created on an educational version. I believe that files opened on educational versions corrupt authentic software with the dreaded educational stamp.

It is not possible for one file to "corrupt" another file unless you use that file in another.
The file was created with an authentic student license of the software.

Simply examine the construction technique and then delete the file.

No harm, no foul!

The extrusion must be entirely capped by the offset surface you are extruding to, so offset all surfaces that are needed to cap. When you select the offset surface as the capping surface it will get all of them in the offset surface feature.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Contributor
MikeKovacik4928
Message 12 of 13 (179 Views)

12-18-2012 11:34 AM in reply to: JDMather

"Accept as solution"

Thanks

Opened the file, and have seen how you did it.

Have managed to reconstruct myself.

I see you have to be careful of which surfaces you offset or you get error messages.

I see when you select any one of the surfaces which have been offset, while doing the extrude, subtract, to

even though only one is highlighted it takes the whole lot.

If I save the file and keep it as an ipt without bringing it into any iam's or idw's, will I be safe and not get that education plot stamp? The way I understand it from the messages is that as long as I don't mix the model with any thing else (ie keep it separate) the watermark won't appear

Mike

Contributor
MikeKovacik4928
Message 13 of 13 (169 Views)

12-18-2012 11:57 AM in reply to: sam_m

Thanks for your examples and explanations.

I see you used "quilt" on your one example, when I tried to change it to "faces" and selected all the same faces I got an error message.

Conversely on my example when I tried to used "quilt" it wouldn't work, only worked with "faces"

I will look at this command in further detail to see the difference between the two.

I see your use of "sculpt" in the other example, I will look at that command in further detail as well

Mike

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.