Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss Text Orientation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
roger
1351 Views, 6 Replies

Emboss Text Orientation

I tried to emboss a logo on both sides of a cylindrical part. Circular face is drawn in xy, extruded in z. I created a work plane parallel to yz on both sides of the part. When I added text to the right side vew of the part (+y to the right) the text was correct. When I rotated the part (z+ to the left) to emboss the other side, the text was backwards. I couldn't find any way to make it read correctly. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Roger

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: roger

Hi roger,

Right-click on the work plane that the sketch is on and and choose Flip Normal. This will reverse the negative / positive face of the work plane.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 7
roger
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Yes that did it. Thank you so much! Do you teach classes? Thanks, Roger

Message 4 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: roger

Curtis wrote the book -

http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Autodesk-Inventor-2014-LT/dp/1118544862/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=13936...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
roger
in reply to: JDMather

I have the Mastering Inventor 2013 Book (which is why I was fiddling with the Emboss feature), and am much honored to have gotten help from the author here!

Message 6 of 7

I do this and it prints backwards on the other side of the part. I flip normal and it prints backwards on the near side of the part. Every time I flip, it prints backwards on a different side of the part. Cannot print correctly on any side of the part. When I flip Normal, the text goes upside down. I rotate it, move it in position, and then when I emboss, it prints backwards on the opposite side of the part that it was printing backwards on before i flipped it. It never embosses correctly the first time. Sometimes after several flips, it will print correctly. But, I never know why.

Message 7 of 7
bo_designer
in reply to: bo_designer

Got it. The two arrow buttons change the orientation of the little green arrow that shows which side it will be embossed on. It is not always obvious because the pane may be negative and the arrow positive and it will emboss on the unexpected side. Simply undo, click the other arrow button (after selecting the face to wrap on, if not it will default back even though you changed it). I thought these two little buttons were for raised or etched font.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report