Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss Sketch Lines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4380 Views, 3 Replies

Emboss Sketch Lines

Is there any way to emboss individual sketch lines? I have symbols(ie hot surface, high voltage, etc) that have been drawn in autocad and I am bringing them over into IV9 as a sketch. When I try to emboss them I do not have the option to choose individual lines. IV9 is automatically grouping all of the individual lines and the detail is lost. An example of my symbology is a circle with a lightning bolt in the circle.(high voltage) When I try to emboss this it only sees the circle, so what I end up with is either a raised or engraved circle. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Alan, Emboss works only with closed, non self-intersecting profiles or sketch text. You need to modify your symbol to offset the existing lines/circles and create closed loops (see picture below, for a very simple example) Hope this helps, Lucia Casu Inventor Part Modeling "Alan Coons" wrote in message news:20290882.1106084081314.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Is there any way to emboss individual sketch lines? I have symbols(ie hot surface, high voltage, etc) that have been drawn in autocad and I am bringing them over into IV9 as a sketch. When I try to emboss them I do not have the option to choose individual lines. IV9 is automatically grouping all of the individual lines and the detail is lost. An example of my symbology is a circle with a lightning bolt in the circle.(high voltage) When I try to emboss this it only sees the circle, so what I end up with is either a raised or engraved circle. Any ideas?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

So I have a student who has made these lines and would like them to go into their shape.  How can they do this?

2013-12-11_0859.png

Message 4 of 4
JDMather

Please do not cross post as it causes confusion.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Help-Making-Lines-in-an-Object/m-p/4686757#M491591

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report