Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss on to a wavy survace

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
remetiffy
324 Views, 3 Replies

Emboss on to a wavy survace

I am trying to emboss text on to a wavy surface in Autodesk Inventor 14 but am not having much success. Is anyone up to seeing where I am going wrong please. I am trying to make a keyring with a wavy surface and the school name embossed on the surface. The problem area is when I select Emboss, I can select the text to emboss , Select wrap to surface, but when I go to select the surface I can only select partof the surface.  I tried holding the shift key to select multiple surfaces but i this does not work.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rdyson
in reply to: remetiffy

Did you read the error message?

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 4
remetiffy
in reply to: rdyson

Hi thanks for replying.
I don't get the error message you show. When I initially select emboss I get the option to select the profile so I select the text OUTWOOD. Then I put a check in the box Wrap to face. when I do that another arrow icon appears with the word face next to it . I then try to select the face and all I am allowed to do is select part of the wavy surface. I try to use the shift key to select more than one surface but cannot.
Message 4 of 4
remetiffy
in reply to: remetiffy

Its ok now.  I did it without selecting wrap to surface.  thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report