Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss for engraving cant work WHY?? Inventor 2012

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Forumhelp2012
2033 Views, 4 Replies

Emboss for engraving cant work WHY?? Inventor 2012

Hi Everyone

The subject basically says it all. I am trying to emboss two words onto a solid model. Unfortunately it keeps failing. I am copying this model off of U-Tube models "LED LAMP"

Could anyone try and use the emboss feature for me and engrave the words "LED LAMP" On the centre of the top of my solid model part. Top View reads vertically going up the way.

I would be very grateful if someone would try and do it for me, save it and send it back or explain why it keeps failing.

Please edit part 8. Then start the Emboss process. 1/64 = Depth. Flat White colour. Following the video on youtube they use engrave from face then reverse the direction the arrow points towards the model. Then OK. That's the way I am showed  it and I can't get it to engrave.

Kind regards

A CAD Student.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mrattray
in reply to: Forumhelp2012

This isn't a bad attempt at a complex model compared to what a lot of students post here.

However, you do have multiple unconstrained sketches. It's very important to get into the habit of fully constraining all of your skecthes.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I got emboss to work just fine.

Capture3.JPG

I changed the position of your work plane to 29/64 to make the height of the text something reasonable and set the emboss option to "from plane".

Capture4.JPG

I'm sure others will have more suggestions for you.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 5
Forumhelp2012
in reply to: mrattray

Wow that looks good. But I was trying to engrave from my work plane though. That's how it is done on the video. I am trying to copy that way of doing it. Is there any way you could show it that way?

I would appreciate it very much, although if it is not possible that's fine also.

Kind regards

A CAD Student.

Message 4 of 5
mrattray

That is done from your workplane. I just moved your workplane, otherwise that text would be over an inch tall.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 5
jletcher

The reason you are getting an error is the model has issues I don't have time to find the issue but here is a picture of the problem. Trace back to find out why you have this line has to do with some of the pocket cuts you did. This line should not be there if you go back and watch the video you will see he does not have this extra line like you do. I tried to find it but I don't have the time to go thru all your steps but you need to find the step that did it and fix that issue 1st.

tHIS IS WHY.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report