Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss Face Color

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
736 Views, 7 Replies

Emboss Face Color

Tried to assign various colors to the embossed face, but with no success.
Anybody?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

>Tried to assign various colors to the embossed face...

You forgot to attach the file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
dan_inv09

There is a place in the Emboss dialog where you can set the color. I didn't know you couldn't change the color outside of there though (I never tried).
Message 4 of 8
mcgyvr

right click on the embossed feature in the model browser, and select properties. Then change the color there..Does that not work?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I am sorry. My beef was with emboss routine. I figured since there is a face color option in there, the face would be colored...
Am I FOS?
Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr

It should keep the face color assigned in the emboss dialog.
If its not then Im sure your going to have to zip your part for autodesk to look at.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 8
dan_inv09

Okay, I hadn't tried it 'till now. Come to think of it I don't think I've used emboss since back when we were on Inventor 9.
I can change the color of the whole feature, I can change any surface on the feature, and the color of face is determined by the button in the emboss dialog unless it is overridden by either of the other ways to change the color. Now, when I try to change it in the dialog to "As Part" it keeps defaulting to "Default" so I can't force the face color back to being the same as the rest of the part and have to explicitly make it the color.

What exactly is the behavior you are experiencing and what exactly are you expecting it to be?
Message 8 of 8
luciacasu

Thanks for reporting this problem.

This is known issue (see ID 702690); the workaround
is to assign the color to the top faces of the emboss, after creating the feature.

Thanks,
Lucia Casu
Inventor Part Modeling

Lucia Casu

Fusion360 Development

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report