Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emboss error when "demoting" geometry to Inventor Sketch Block

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
194 Views, 0 Replies

Emboss error when "demoting" geometry to Inventor Sketch Block

PROBLEM BACKGROUND:

I am working with a decal which was created using Adobe Illustrator. I did not create the Illustrator file myself nor am I familiar with Illustrator but I had found a youtube video instructing how to export from Illustrator to DWG format. I then asked our Publications department to provide me with a DWG copy of the decal I was trying to model in Inventor.

When I had imported the DWG into and Inventor sketch it contained many line segments and splines that represented some of the text as well as some text that was still "text" in the sense I could edit it using Inventors tools.

I had initially drawn a border around the imported decal image then extruded the border to create a decal which I then shared the sketch to create another extrusion which was the text that was line segments and splines and an emboss feature that was the rest of the text that was still "text".

After I had built this decal I decided to go back into the master sketch and center the decal on the part origin. To do this I selected all of the imported geometry/text (which was mostly unconstrained) and created a sketch block. Then this sketch block could be moved and constrained to the part origin with fear of distorting the geometry.

PROBLEM:

After "demoting" the geometry to a block I could no longer select the included text for an emboss feature. My fix was to get the block in the position I wanted and then explode it. After exploding I could use the text again for embossing.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report