Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding Excel File

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
142 Views, 5 Replies

Embedding Excel File

Guys,
I have an Excel file I want to Embed into an IDW. It is not being used to drive parameters. It is simply an information source to the end user of the IDW. I can get the worksheet to show up on the IDW, but it shows several blank rows and columns. I would like to trim the shown cells to just those that have information in them. How?
Thanks,
Bill
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In your spread sheet, select all cells you want to show in your idw. RMB Copy. Paste Special into your idw. -- Dave Hoder Product Design Engineer idX Seattle www.idxcorporation.com "bhowe" wrote in message news:7070946.1081957016347.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Guys, > I have an Excel file I want to Embed into an IDW. It is not being used to drive parameters. It is simply an information source to the end user of the IDW. I can get the worksheet to show up on the IDW, but it shows several blank rows and columns. I would like to trim the shown cells to just those that have information in them. How? > Thanks, > Bill
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Guys,
None of you can help me with this?
Bill
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

It's been a little while since I did this, but this is what I remember. If these other cells had been used for anything previously and then had the data deleted from them, IV still brings them in. I copied and pasted the cells that I wanted into a new worksheet with the upper left corner of the data in cell A1, saved it, and imported the file. This solved the problem. There must be more to it, because I just did a quick test, and this time, I was able to import a file without cells that had values deleted from them. -Mike
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I've seen the same thing. Deleting the info from a cell will still bring it in. Delete the whole cell & it doesn't come in. You can also edit within your idw & hit save a couple times & they usually go away. -- Dave Hoder Product Design Engineer idX Seattle www.idxcorporation.com "mpower" wrote in message news:407e7fc0$1_2@newsprd01... > It's been a little while since I did this, but this is what I remember. If > these other cells had been used for anything previously and then had the > data deleted from them, IV still brings them in. I copied and pasted the > cells that I wanted into a new worksheet with the upper left corner of the > data in cell A1, saved it, and imported the file. This solved the problem. > > There must be more to it, because I just did a quick test, and this time, I > was able to import a file without cells that had values deleted from them. > > -Mike > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Dave,

Paste special is the key, it went in just the way I wanted.

Thanks,
Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report