Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation symbol

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anthony
4839 Views, 7 Replies

Elevation symbol

I'm looking for an elevation marker to add to an Inventor drawing, I need something similar to what is currently available in AutoCAD's design centre. Does anyone know if there is one available in Inventor 2013 ?

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Ryan.Martinez
in reply to: Anthony

You could create your own sketched symbol. see this pdf

http://download.autodesk.com/us/inventorprofessional/pdf/SketchedSymbols_stacking.pdf

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 3 of 8
Anthony
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

So Inventor does not have a library of symbols for use like in AutoCAD then ? Thanks for your PDF link, to me it seems like placing an elevation symbol (for example) into a drawing should take seconds without the need to spend unnecessary time creating the symbol myself ? ? It would be good to see Autodesk address this one for the next release.

Message 4 of 8
Ryan.Martinez

create it once in your template file and it will be there everytime you use that template to create a drawing.

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 5 of 8

You can insert acad drawings into a sketch. So you wouldn't even have to draw it. Just save what you want in autocad then import it into inventor.

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 6 of 8
Anthony
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

Thanks yes, I still think the whole idea of a standard annotation and architectural symbols library being completely absent from Inventor needs addressing - a symbols library should be available as standard with the option to add to this with custom sketched symbols as you have suggested.

Message 7 of 8
Ryan.Martinez

I see your point but inventor is a mechanical design tool, not architectural. Maybe the factory design package or revit it would have the symbols your looking for, just a guess.

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 8 of 8
AboutToLearn

Hello,

You can create your own level symbol using a sketched symbol, store it locally and share with your other computers.

I reckon, this might be the easiest and fastest way for you to solve this problem.

You can use sketched symbols for many purposes and I think learning this technique really helps you in the long run.

I know this is an old post but hopefully this helps new people searching for the solution for this question!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report