Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Efficiently Mitering Two solids

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Dsheli
722 Views, 6 Replies

Efficiently Mitering Two solids

Hey guys,

I am trying to make an assembly as shown below. I have created two parts (the smoked orange) shown below from within the assembly. Normally in frame generator I would simply miter the two connections to make a nice joint. However since these are two separate parts does inventor have an easy/efficient way of mitering these two overlapping edges? Currently the only way I know how to do this is to draw a line and use the splice command. Then edit the second part and project the line and splice the second part.

Thanks for the help guys!

Capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Dsheli

The easiest way to do this is as a multi-body solid and then push out the assembly.

Not that much more difficult to have a slicing plane or surface in one part Copy Object into the second part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
mdavis22569

I've done miter via frame generator ... I've done extusion cuts via sketch ...and I've used Chamfer ..

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Dsheli
in reply to: JDMather

So right now they are two different parts, would I have to re-draw both in order to accomplish my goal?

Thanks,

Message 5 of 7
mdavis22569

I edit them right in the assembly. You can do it in the part level or since I see you're in a weldment assembly you can do it via Modeling in there. I then Project the line of where they will meet .. via control button and Project so it's not Adaptive make my extrusion.. return and edit the other one the same way. Poof both mitered ... 2 minutes tops Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Dsheli
in reply to: mdavis22569

That worked Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
JDMather

@Dsheli wrote:

That worked Thanks!

Make sure your *.ipt file is what you expected. (open the file)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report